Saturday, May 15, 2010

Junking Resumed

Well, I finally bought a new camera, and so here are photos of our treasure hunt a while back:

We've been enjoying our breakfast, lunch and dinner on these cute sturdy chairs that we thrifted at a parking lot flea market. The lady I bought them from had great vintage, shabby chic/ antique furnitures. I wish I could buy more of them, but I didn't have the need nor the budget for them. She was selling these chairs for $10/ea, but I asked for a deal since I was buying all of them. I paid $25 total. Our old ones are falling apart; I had them since I was single, 8 yrs ago. We ended up tossing one of them, but now we 6 chairs, mix match.

M.P. found these vintage Samsonite luggage at her daughter's booth, and told me to buy them. They are in great condition, the inside is very clean. I do need a cosmetic case when I travel this summer. So I paid $10 for both plus she threw in a new bag of mommy and three little baby duckies that my son, M.P. picked up. BTW, I saw a newer model of this cosmetic case retail for $300 (what???), but was on sale for $149; same difference, still too expensive.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love, Love, Love the Samsonites and your chairs!!

malia said...

What a steal on the suitcases! You scored!