Saturday, May 29, 2010

More Treasures

Today was such a beautiful day. We went garage saling and found more treasures. I got fantastic deals on all of them. I am joining Rodha at Southern Hospitality Thrifty Treasure.

Vintage desk chair for $7, not so fond of the fabric pattern, but that can be changed.

Table lamp, $2.50, a real steal. It came handy today when my sweet little boy accidentally knocked over the table lamp in his room and broke it.

And I love love love these vintage ball eclipse glass jars with wire bail. I got them for next to nothing. I will treat these jars with a lot of care because the man who sold them to me, was selling everything because he had to move out and live "under the bridge" due to a family (siblings) dispute over the house after his mother passed. He said that he moved back home when his mother got really sick. He had put a lot of his time and money to take care of her and fix up the house. The house would be going for sale soon. He told me that he likes these jars and asked if I was gonna use them. I said yes; I will use them to house my dry beans. It is such a heart breaking story; it reminds me to be more grateful for the roof over my head, a basic necessity.

4 comments:

Jen - Balancing Beauty and Bedlam said...

found you through Rhoda...I bought some of those Antique Ball jars as well, but in aqua...love them. What a life lesson you'll remember every time you see them.

Angie Holden said...

Love your finds! I am a sucker for jars...yours look great!

Anonymous said...

I love that chair and your jars! I just stumbled upon your blog and now I am a follower! Keep posting please!

Blessings,
Charmaine

Jen said...

I will have to take you to this AMAZING fabric store! I have found the coolest fabrics to cover chairs. Also, borrow my power stapler anytime!